Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Photo shoots of Ireland.







Once again, it's been too long since I've posted. But I have some excuses up my sleeve: Internet problems, the winter light (which isn't so great for photos), lack of sleep, a good book (always a really good excuse), stressful family matters, the royal baby (only kidding), people visiting, etcetera. 

So this post was sort of hurried just to squeeze in a post for July, as well as to add some of the recent photos I've taken of my sister, Ireland. 



In the shoot above she's wearing a vintage army coat (I don't know where she got it from), my seventies boots, a pair of blue stockings I found at a charity shop (still in their original, unopened package), and a sixties corduroy mini dress "borrowed" from one of the many huge piles of vintage and charity shopped clothes my mum has collected over the years. Most of the photos are edited as the light wasn't so great that afternoon.




Ireland's wearing a vintage underskirt, a silk scarf worn as a sash, a vintage cotton camisole, vintage faux pearls, and vintage gloves all found at various charity shops. On her hip is a bit of chicken wire fencing with flowers zip-tied onto it. I'm really happy with the black and white portraits I took of her in this shoot, aren't her eyes gorgeous? And her smile just incredible? 




Some photos taken much less recently, in March. Ireland's wearing a fifties nightgown from a charity shop.

11 comments:

Veshoevius said...

Beautiful! I especially love the last shot. She looks like that fairytale character, the little mermaid who has just surfaced from the sea with her new legs in search of her prince.

Unknown said...

such an amazing collection of photos, your friend has an incredibly genuine smile. It made me smile sitting here in the sweltering hanoian heat.
I love the beach shots when she is wearing that thrift slip too. :)
~ I have an international giveaway on my blog to win a hand crafted (by moi) flower crown if you are interested : http://fashionpho.blogspot.com/2013/07/urban-pixie-flower-crown-giveaway.html ~

Vix said...

What incredible photos, I adore the corduroy dress and the boots and how ethereal Ireland looks in the last picture. x

Ireland Casswell said...

The comments people leave on this blog are always humbling as the model, but Willow's stunning photography has always made me proud.

Flora Cruft said...

Such stunning shots of beautiful Ireland. What's more the clothes are incredible, especially that 50s nightgown. Great to have you back Willow!

Rosalind said...

Brilliant photos of your beautiful sister. Yes, her eyes and smile are very arresting and I too especially like your back and white images here.
Great use of chicken wire to create a hip accessory too - that's what I call inventive!
I always enjoy seeing your creative collaborations.

Rosalind said...

PS I also wanted to say thank you for your recent comments on my blog. I always appreciate the time you take to leave your reflective observations. It's lovely to have 'met' you through blogging and through shared areas of interest.

Zoé said...

Your sister is really very pretty, but I think I have to leave my prime congratulations for the simple but still interesting way you have presented Ireland in a day to day manner. The Emerald Isle has always been a fascination of mine because of its rich history.

Zoé said...

I didn't really get my point across. As in, what I meant, is that your sister's name (Ireland) suits her for the reasons I mentioned above. :)

his_girl_friday said...

Really beautiful photos!

OrigamiGirl said...

I think it's wonderful the friendship you and your sister have, that lets you have so much fun together modelling and photographing. The pictures are beautiful, especially those ones by the sea at the end. You guys are amazing.