Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Last bursts of Summer






We've now had two weeks of Autumn here in Australia, but we're still getting a few super summery days (like today) which my sister and I took advantage of with a quick shoot in the morning. One of my favourite things about Autumn is that it alternates between glorious warm days with dark blue skies and cool cosy days perfect for reading (at the moment I'm right into classics, and have almost finished 'Jane Eyre'), listening to music, watching movies and drinking several cups of hot tea and coffee. As well as that it's not too hot for tights or jeans, but not too cold for bare legs.
I'm looking forward to getting a lot of wear from the gorgeous seventies boots I'm wearing in these photos, and Autumn is the perfect season to be wearing them. They go with so many things, especially when paired with my favourite maroon tights, which were whipped out as soon as it was cool enough, and I'm expecting for them to be worn a lot this Autumn - as well as the boots.

The boots were bought from this Etsy shop, and I was very happy when I received them and discovered they were a perfect fit. I love vintage shoes, but I struggle to find many that fit my size forty feet (I have the same trouble with gloves, hats and clothes too.)
Here I am wearing them with a yellow lace dress from a charity shop, which I customised by adding white lace and brown buttons (I've lost the fourth one I was going to put on, and still don't have any ribbon for the bow, so it's still a work in progress.) Over the top of it is a sixties or seventies crochet lace top, also charity shopped. The seventies satchel is my mum's, she hasn't quite said she's given it to me yet, but I've already managed to slowly introduce it into my room. I'm also wearing a vintage watch from a charity shop, which I wear most of the time, even though it doesn't work (which is interesting when someone wants to know the time.)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

so cool and fresh. i live in a big polluted city with hardly any green space, so when I see your pics I always get wistful.

Vix said...

You look lovely, a timeless beauty in a field of green.
I'm always saying how hard it is to find vintage boots in a Size 40 but at last count I had 12 pairs! xxx

mispapelicos said...

Hello, my dearest Willow in yellow.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh what a fun outfit! We are almost at Summer here, I'm looking forward to the warm weather :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com

citizen rosebud said...

How bucolic and lovely is your backdrop! You look like a gorgeous daffodil in the field!

Rosalind said...

Your blue skies, bare legs and tall grass make me long for warm afternoons.
I've recently re-read Jane Eyre as it's one of those novels that reveals more with each reading.
Lovely to see the beautiful yellow lace dress again, especially against the cloudless sky. That second image taken through the grass stems is a stunner (as are you!)

Ellinor Forje said...

Very pretty dress and hair to go with it. Thanks for posting the photos and feel free to drop by me too when you have time.

Oliva uns said...

Hello Dear:) Lovely pictures come and visit me and maybe we can follow ?:)

www.olivains.com

Flora Cruft said...

You look so gorgeous in that yellow dress, sweetie. You have the most beautiful curly hair, I love it. Like Veshoevious said in her latest post, your blog is so evocative of your enthusiasm and wonder at the world, and reminds me so much of how I was at your age :)

Katherine said...

I really love the lace and eyelet together- so smart and pretty. I lways have trouble with vintage shoes - they are SO hard to find in good condition but if you get a good pair, they last for a long time.

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

That is such a pretty dress. The yellow is making me so happy. Here it's all snow snow snow :(

Natalie said...

I love the location for this photoshoot and yellow is just the perfect color!


www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com